Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pocket Soccer - Gameboy Color

I know that this game is not on my list of  2011 retrogaming line up, but still I need to write about this awesome game.

Pocket Soccer for the Gameboy color is a great fantasy soccer game. There are a lot of features that can be found on other franchise soccer games. You can trade players in league play, you can play quick start, or just play automatically in the play offs. The players in the game are not real football stars, as far as I know, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm enjoying this title so much that I feel rather sad that I was not able to buy the cart ('coz I think it was released only in Europe). However, because of emulation, I can enjoy this great soccer game. I'm about a couple of hours into the game and I found out that some players have powers like super speed. I have yet to discover another power up or player skill, but even without the manual I'm still enjoying the game so much.

Even if you are not a soccer fan, you will enjoy this title immensely. I have to thank the developer of this game, Mike Follin.    
Google Analytics Alternative