Tuesday, July 14, 2009

KOEI strategy games - Gemfire



I have been dabbling in some KOEI strategy games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Genghis Khan, and Gemfire. I'm trying Gemfire for the NES because a lot of people think this is the easiest KOEI game. So far, I get my butt handed to me by the AI. I really don't see how this can be the easiest game, but then I tried out ROTK, and I got my butt handed to me faster.

I will still try to play this underdog game because I really like the look and feel of games like this. The KOEI Historical Simulation series is the best. Maybe all I really need is to learn how to play properly. Gemfire, for me, has that charm that really makes me want to learn and win the scenarios.

As usual, I'm playing Gemfire on the NES emualtor of my Dingoo a-320. The Snes version of Gemfire don't go so well with the emulator of my Dingoo. However, the NES and Snes versions are rather similar except for the graphics.

Related Link: Isle of Ishmeria

Update: I'm starting to win in Gemfire. I'm still learning the nuances, though.
Google Analytics Alternative