Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The great Google reader

I've always been looking for a better web alternative for offline RSS readers. I've had the WizRSS extension on my Firefox for the longest time now but I needed something more robust. A few years ago I've also tried Newsgator - I loved it but it was dog slow in my dial-up setup. Enter Google Reader, an Ajaxy google branded feeds aggregator that is suitable for my needs.

I was Initially apprehensive about using another Ajax style site for my feeds because these kind of sites just don't play along well with dial-up, but Google reader is amazingly responsive even on my slow connection. Granted that it takes a while to load feeds with a lot of new stories, but once it loads it's finish and you can read away on your news.


Google Analytics Alternative