Friday, June 16, 2006

I was pretty down, man

Don't you think that jocks are the luckiest people in the world? Just look at Rick Manning Jr., an NFL conerback who punched a person because he called the person a nerd. What?

According to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times, Los Angeles Police Department detective Robert Lewis said a group of people -- including Manning -- attacked a man in a Denny's after teasing him for working on a laptop computer."The group began by making comments that the victim looked like a geek or a nerd," Lewis said, according to the Sun-Times. The newspaper quoted Lewis saying the victim complained to a Denny's manager. He was then punched in the face, then punched and kicked by multiple attackers until losing consciousness.Manning, a former UCLA star, and his companions left the restaurant in an SUV and were pulled over by police soon after when the vehicle was spotted by a helicopter, Lopez said. - ESPN
I'm waiting to see Manning's side on this one, so I'm reserving judgment. Though, he's a lucky fellow to afford the $30,000 bail money for assault with a deadly weapon. Anyway, $30,000 is just cheap change since he just got a five year $21 million offer sheet from the Chicago Bears. Even with all the money, he's still depressed and all, just read what the poor guy has to say:
"I was pretty down this morning because of the situation," Manning said."But when I found out I was a Chicago Bear, it kind of brought a little light to the day. ... I can't let something like this let me have a bad start to my football career in Chicago."

Poor baby, he was pretty down, I almost shed a tear. Don't let some nerd, who by the way was minding his own business until you and your gang roughed him up, ruin your career for the Bears. Nerds were born so jocks can rough them up for no apparent reason, so I hope this entry brought a "little light" to your day. Oh, yeah, did I say I was reserving judgment earlier - oops.

Google Analytics Alternative