Monday, May 09, 2005

The god of war

I just tried Ares P2P software as an alternative to Limewire. Limewire is not that bad except it's a Java based application so it bogs down even our 2 ghz machine.

Ares is a very fast program, especially Ares lite which is specifically made for slow PCs. I found the interface of Ares almost similar to Kazaa and Limewire so I got into the program pretty fast. I must say that the search results of Ares is just as good as Limewire. The download speed in my 56k modem is a decent 2-5 kbps--similar to Limewire.

In a nutshell, the program loads fast, has a good selection of search results, and fast download speed. I have not found any significant negatives about this program, just that the queueing can occur even if you were first to download. Aside from this minor quirk, I like Ares.
Google Analytics Alternative