Monday, October 25, 2010

Chrome Addons - Screen Capture

Since formatting my EeePC 701 I opted to give XP the boot and give Jolicloud a try. Simply put, Jolicloud is an Ubuntu derivative (Jaunty) optimized for netbooks. And let me tell you, it really breathe a new life to my aging 701.

Since going Linux, I want to be as minimalistic as possible. So I choose web apps much more readily than local apps. One such minimalistic app is called Screen Capture by Google. As the name suggests, this app captures parts or whole web pages. It does not come as minimalistic as this since Screen Capture is a Chrome extension.

The app works great. As I said, it can capture the whole or visible parts of a webpage, it can annotate, redact, and circle webpage content. The screenshot on the left was made using Screen Capture. It's as easy as clicking the icon and choosing save.

If you are a Chrome user and you need to capture webpages, definitely give this app a try.
Google Analytics Alternative