Sunday, October 11, 2009

Final Fantasy Adventure - Sword of Mana



I was playing the original Gameboy Final Fantasy Advenutre a.k.a. Mystic Quest a.k.a. Secret of Mana (GBA version). I was going to raid the castle of Dark Lord when I realized (too late) that I am 1 key short. In effect, I was not able to open a crucial door that I needed to open just to advance in the game.

Suffice it to say, I screwed up. I did not even have a save game to a safe spot that I can back track to. So I decided to just play the GBA remake of the game.


Sword of Mana is gorgeous. The graphics are definitely top notch compared to the old Gameboy game. Yet Sword of Mana disappointed me. The controls are not as refined as the original. The interface is also clunky, especially when changing weapons. And believe me there are a lot of weapon changing in this game.

The thing is, I can't go back to the old Final Fantasy Adventure and repeat the game from the start. Hence, I have to trudge on with Sword of Mana. Good thing Sword of Mana is easier than the original.
Google Analytics Alternative