Monday, September 21, 2009

Legends of Zork - Free Browser Game



If you know what Zork is then you are as old as I am. Zork is a text mode adventure game set in a fantasy world. I never finished Zork back in the day. I was too intimidated by the maze. I mean, it's hard enough to make a map of the world, and you fucking add a maze to a text mode game?

Regardless, Zork is remembered fondly by people even older than I am. Now Jolt Online bought the license for Zork and created Legends of Zork. Jolt Online, in its infinite wisdom, made Legends of Zork into an MMORPG instead of a text mode adventure. I must say that the transition is a success.

Legends of Zork is a cute and funny little browser MMO that you can play using turns to get XP and Zorkminds. You can buy a coconut in-game for real money so you can get more turns. The maximum turns you can get is 90, while you will have 30 turns each day if you use it that much. And believe me, you will use all your turns to become powerful in PvP or regular adventuring.

Legends of Zork is a delightful little snack for busy adventurers. The only thing I can complain about is the fact that the Legend of Zork server can run very slow unless I use HotSpot Shield. I don't know how to get around that.
Google Analytics Alternative