Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fire Emblem for the GBA



Fire Emblem for the GBA finally hit US shores almost more than a decade when it first launched in Japan. Watch the video above for a look at the history of Fire Emblem. You can also go to Snesorama to get the translated (pre-patched) NES Fire Emblem Gaiden.

It has been years since I played and finished fire Emblem for the GBA. I hardly remember it. All I remember is the difficulty. This game was hard. If your character dies in battle, that's it. No resurrection or healing when they are dead. I remember enjoying this game, though. The tension of the battle is stressful because your characters really die never to come back. There was a lot of resetting from this game because I get characters I like killed almost every time.

This game is awesome for strategy/rpg fans. Give it a try even if you own a Nintendo DS.

Edit: I have been playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Quick review - not as hard as the first Fire Emblem for the GBA.
Google Analytics Alternative