Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Video game burn out


Man, it has been a while since I've finished a video game. It's like I just start to play then get bored with the game after a few days. The last game I finished was Tales of Phantasia. It's not the best game ever, but I can genuinely say that I had fun while playing it. The other stuff I'm playing now makes me feel like doing household chore.

This must be what gamers dread all their lives--video game burn out. You find a good game to play and never finish it because you're bored. You find another game to enjoy and never finish it because you get bored with it after a couple of days. Damn, I'm so bored with video games that I started reading the Dresden Files, good book by the way, but I digress.

Video game burn out sucks because I can't seem to enjoy any game I come across with. It's like work, I procrastinate and dodge it as much as I can. Doing work, doing chores, reading books, watching TV. Doing anything aside from playing. Doing a hell of a lot of everything just to dodge booting up the NES emulator because I keep dying in that effing dungeon in Crystalis. Ugh!

Can any of you help me get over this burn out?


Google Analytics Alternative