Saturday, May 26, 2007

Chrono Cross and Psx games

I just finished Chrono Cross and I'm sorry to say that it's a mediocre game. Compared to Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross is a disgrace to the original. The problem with these new games is the graphics, that's all it has to offer. Forget gameplay, just add a million polygons, modern gamers would consume it no matter what as long as the game looks nice. As a retro gamer and emu gamer, I find Psone games to be all flash but no substance. Can anyone recommend a good Psone game to me?

Anyway, I played this Psone game using Epsxe 1.5.2. My system is a 10-year old PC - PII 800 MHZ, 256 MB ram, Nvidia Geforce MX4000 64 MB ram. I ran the game from start to finish with minimal problems. If you are an emu gamer and you want to play Chrono Cross without any fuss, I suggest using PSXeven emu. Epsxe is great but you need to tweak it to play Chrono Cross.

I think I'll just stick to playing Snes games for now.

Google Analytics Alternative