Thursday, November 03, 2005

I've added a better search facility

Pico search
I tried the damn nav bar search of this blog and it stinks. No wonder visitors of this page can't find some of my links using the beta search facility of Blogger.
Anyway, I found a great service that will index the content of my blog. Pico Search is a remote search engine that indexes all the pages in your site. This makes it easier to find stuff in your site, obviously. Since Blogger is not yet implementing categories (or a good search tool), then a good search engine must be handy for people so they can find stuff that they are looking for in your site. If visitors don't find the links or information that brought them to your site in the first place, then they'll probably just leave your site disgusted.
Just scroll a bit down to see my new search bar. I've tested it by searching manga links in this blog--it work's great.

Google Analytics Alternative