Monday, March 07, 2005

Opera 8 beta 2

This is a capsule review of much anticipated Opera 8 beta 2.

As usual, Opera 8 sports the same GUI from Opera 7. This means that the free version of the browser is still ad-supported with the same customizable interface and same features, peppered with new innovations.

The new upgrade of version 8 comes with more support for websites like Gmail and Hotmail, they even have a quick button to report sites that are incompatible with Opera. In addition, the pop-up blocker has noticeably been made more customizable.

So with the new innovations for Opera 8, why the heck am I still using Firefox as default? For starters, if I was using Opera exclusively, I wouldn't have this update because Opera 8 can't make the text editor of blogger to function.

I'm really an Opera user so I'm optimistic that programmers in Opera get the kinks out after the browser goes out of beta.
Google Analytics Alternative