Friday, June 16, 2006

Deadman manga

Vamp

The Deadman manga was made by the author of Golden Boy but comparing these two creations are like night and day - while Golden Boy is a sex-comedy, Deadman is a perverse gothic tale about a mysterious vampire.

The art in this manga is highly-detailed and superb, a bit of departure from the cartoony style of Golden Boy. I can't say enough about the art of this comic--the style, the page layout, and the pacing all add to the strong story-telling of this title. The over-all style makes it easy to feel tension and terror from the situations in the story.

As usual this manga is for mature readers because of the disturbing visuals. Again that word - disturbing - but just read the damn thing and you'll see what I'm trying to say.

I'm also trying to review this title and the subsequent reviews with as little detail as possible because I want to avoid spoilers. I hate spoilers and I know that a lot of people hate this as well.

To get the Deadman scanlation just go here.
Google Analytics Alternative